Wednesday, November 18, 2009

The Quest for Another Gear

As some of you may know, I have been working at getting a bit faster. Unfortunately, it takes more than just great Salomon gear to make that happen. I wish I could say it was all in the Speed Cross 2 and the 3/4 length Exo compression tights, but it's not. I'm working toward bettering my Orcas 50K time in February so along the way I thought I'd run some 8k to 10k cross country. The last one, on Remembrance Day, was hell. This coming Sunday I hope for things to go better at the Aldergrove Ramble, in Aldergrove Lake Park. Following that, I'll try out the Gunner Shaw 10k at Jericho. I heard you run through sand at that one. Sounds like fun, the beach in winter I mean.

The way I see it, these races are just long tempo runs of about 30 to 45 minutes. I can only hope they make me a bit faster. If nothing else they provide me with a couple more opportunties to take down fellow Flight Crew member, Duncan Coo.

Wish me luck finding that next gear this Sunday, or perhaps consider joining us. The entry is only $10 and the start time is at a totally reasonable 11:00am.

1 comment: