Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Hounds & Hares ~ November 24th, 2013

The date is nearing on which I plan to roll into my next decade. I'm cool with this because we all know 40 is the new 30.

The Plan
I would love nothing more than to get a bunch of cool people (that's you) out on the trails and then go sip some seriously murky coffee. 

It's a Hounds and Hares (see Wikipedia) style start from Grouse Mountain's dirt parking lot. The aim is to make it to the top of  BCMC without getting passed (or stabbed) by 10 am. This means you figure out how long you think it'll take you and start at the appropriate time. The idea is to catch the person (hare) in front of you and not to get caught by those behind you (hounds). If everyone puts in a fair and honest time estimate and starts when they should, nobody should pass or be passed and everyone should arrive at the top right at 10:00 am. Who will be bold enough to claim the position of the lead hare?  No one shall know until all time estimates are in.The beauty of it is that you can choose whatever time you like as long as you make it true on game day.

If you think you can make it, send me your estimated time at tomcraik@hotmail.com. I'll compile all the times, even if there are only three of you, and make the start times public before we begin. This way you know who's chasing you and who you're in pursuit of. Please submit your estimate by Friday, November 22nd. 

PLEASE FEEL FREE TO SHARE THIS. MORE PEOPLE. MORE FUN! 


There are no prizes for passing people. Only pride.

Please don't hesitate to send questions or comments either.

1 comment:

  1. Looks like fun! I'm ball parking that I'd do it in around 50mins? I've only run BCMC thrice but I wanna join in on this it sounds like a good time!

    ReplyDelete