Thursday, April 24, 2014

Spring Rush: Running by Feel and Flagging Tape

It just wouldn't be race week if my legs didn't have little niggles and my body didn't start to feel tired. The truth is, with Kelowna's newest trail race, The Spring Rush, coming up on Sunday, I'm feeling pretty good. It promises to be tough and I have my concerns about the dry, warm air but I seemed to manage last year at Sun Mountain. The course is 25 kilometers of mostly single track and some solid climbs. I grew up in Kelowna but only once hiked in this area so I'll be running by feel and flagging tape. Knowing Rene (Unser, Race Director) and the amount of prep she and her team have put into this, I am assuming the course will be perfectly marked. 

The rolling Spring Rush course in Rose Valley, Kelowna
I'm looking forward to a great day, some time with my family and a solid 25 kilometer training effort under similar conditions to that of Sun Mountain, my next 50k.

No comments:

Post a Comment